We are excited to announce our participation in Habitat of Central South Carolina’s 2017 Interfaith Build! Several area churches and synagogues have sponsored days or parts of days to provide a Habitat Homeowner Candidate, Renee, with stable and affordable housing. SVPC has sponsored (2) build days to the fundraising efforts of the committees and volunteers that made the Road Race and Parking events successful, contributions from the congregation through the Sunday School offering and the generosity of a donor. Thank you to all who organized, volunteered, participated and tithed!
We have just received dates and locations from Habitat for our part in the 2017 Interfaith Build. We will be constructing Renee’s new home at 113 Century Hill, Lexington SC. If manual labor doesn’t suit you we would like to put together a group to volunteer in the morning at the Habitat for Humanity Restore. Please mark these dates on your calendar:
- Monday, March 27th - First Nail Ceremony - 8:00-8:30
- Friday, March 31st - SVPC Build Day & SVPC Habitat ReStore Volunteer Day
- Friday, April 7th - SVPC Build Day
As part of the Interfaith Build each build day has five volunteer slots which can be filled by anyone from the partner churches. If one of SVPC’s build days doesn’t fit your schedule or you would like to mingle with members of other churches please sign up for an interfaith slot!
HOW TO VOLUNTEER
1. Volunteer for a slot on SVPC’s build day (Must be 16 or older. Ages 16-17 have restrictions on activities, ie no power tools). Judy Duncan is our volunteer coordinator and can help you sign up. Email Judy Duncan or talk to her at church or sign up here.
2. Feed the volunteers on one of SVPC’s build days by emailing Libba Shrader or talk to her at church.
3.Volunteer at the Re-Store (14 and older). Email Judy Duncan, talk to her at church or a sign-up will be available online soon.
4.Volunteer for an Interfaith slot at the Habitat for Humanity Volunteer Matrix only. Group Access Code INTERFAITH
Please see the tabs on the right of this page for additional information regarding:
- Build Day Schedule
- Homeowner Profile
- Volunteer Guidelines (courtesy of Habitat for Humanity of Central SC)
- Build Site Safety Guidelines (courtesy of Habitat for Humanity of Central SC)
- Build Site FAQ (courtesy of Habitat for Humanity of Central SC)
Missions are not possible without the time and efforts of the organizing committees. Our committee is comprised of the members listed below. Please thank them for their efforts and ask them any questions you may have.
Judy Duncan, Volunteer Coordinator
David McNeice, Moderator
Libba Shrader, Food Coordinator